Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is an international non-profit organization dedicated to helping children by raising funds and awareness for 170 children’s hospitals throughout North America. Each year these hospitals treat more than 17 million children afflicted with diseases, injuries and birth defects of every kind. Children’s Miracle Network Hospital's founding pledge is to put children first in all it does and keep 100 percent of donations in the community where the funds were raised.
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals has grown dramatically since its founding in 1983. To date, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals have raised more than $3 billion – most of which is donated one dollar at a time.
Mercy Children’s Hospital is the Children’s Miracle Network Hospital for Northwest Ohio. Mercy Children’s Hospital helps provide care for children with medical needs across 14 counties and treats all children regardless of affliction or the family's ability to pay.
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals would not exist without the help of our local and national sponsors. Year-round, our partners conduct hundreds of special event fundraisers, sell Miracle Balloons for $1 and hold Dance Marathons to help provide pediatric care for the children at Mercy Children’s Hospital.
Every year Mercy Children's chooses at least four patients to act as ambassadors for the hospital. Ambassadors serve a one year term (July 1-June 30) and act as the face for Mercy Children's! All ambassadors are nominated by either a staff member or a member of the community.
What do ambassadors do?
1) Ambassadors help share their amazing stories of recovery, positioning Mercy Children's as the first choice in our market.
2) Ambassadors attend fundraising events, inspiring others to donate to Mercy Children's.
3) Ambassadors share their unique experiences with other patients facing the same condition or disease, helping reassure them of a bright future.
- Patient of Mercy Children's
- Age 10-17 (As of July 1, 2016)
- Well spoken and able to articulate their story in front of large groups
- Part of a family that would be available to attend events on a regular basis throughout the year
- Parental consent to use photos, stories, videos etc. of the child at the discretion of the hospital marketing and development teams
- Comfortable speaking to donors in order to help raise money for the hospital (The ambassador is not required to do direct fundraising asks, but may share their story to advocate importance for fundraising for the hospital)
- Parent or guardian who is also willing to speak at events and articulate the need for Mercy Children's in the community
Nominate an ambassador
Do you know a child who meets the criteria above? Use our nomination form
to nominate by March 31, 2016.
All nominations will be reviewed and patient families will be chosen to be brought in for an interview with the ambassador selection team. Everyone nominated will not receive an interview. When looking for ambassadors for this year we look at many different factors and determine which children would best meet the needs of the hospital and best meet the qualifications. After the interviews are completed, chosen ambassadors will be notified no later than May 1, 2016.
Patients who are nominated but are not chosen for an ambassador interview may still be contacted in the future by the marketing or development team at Mercy Children's for other opportunities to share their story.
If you have any questions please contact:
Coordinator of Children’s Miracle Network
Join our mission to help the poor and underserved be well.
Would you like to discuss some options on how you can make an impact?
If you would like to discuss your interest in donating to the Mercy Foundation but would like more information, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at (419) 251-2117 or e-mail us at email@example.com. Learn More